Grievance Procedures


If you believe that your concerns have not been resolved after talking with the Client Rights Officer (CRO) at the agency where you get services, you can file a Grievance with the CRO at the Clermont Mental Health & Recovery Board (CCMHRB).

A grievance is a way to say you are not satisfied. Grievances center on the violation of client rights.

Please click on Client Rights in the Mental Health System or Client Rights in Alcohol or Drug Treatment for a list of client rights. Concerns may be addressed either formally or informally.


The Grievance Procedure


• A compliant may come to any staff member of the Board. If it is a grievance, it is referred to the CRO.

• Discuss your concerns with the CRO. The CRO will help you determine if your concern should be addressed either informally or formally.


Sometimes, talking with a staff member or a Client Rights Officer at the agency to let them know you are unhappy can result in changes you want. Many complaints are resolved using the informal  process.


If you do not believe that your concerns were addressed through the informal process, or would like help talking with the agency, you can file a formal grievance.

• A grievance is a written document. The CRO can help you write the grievance, if desired.

• CRO investigates the grievance and schedules a hearing, if appropriate.

• The CRO has 20 days from the time you filed your grievance to come to a resolution.

If you are not satisfied with the results of the hearing, you may also contact the following  organizations:

For concerns regarding mental health services: